Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Need help to develop IR application on phone

hans2504

Dec 8, 2006, 1:01 PM
With my company Interactees.com we develop interactive cloth. One of our shirts is one with a led display which can be programmed by IR. I am looking for a possibility to program this led display via the IR port of a phone (e.g. mine is a SE K750). Who can help me?
Thanks! (the best tip will get a free interactive shirt)
SprintLynchburg_VA

Dec 16, 2006, 6:31 PM
What commands do you need sent? I can write a fairly simple java app, that you can upload to your phone through www.rumkin.com/tools/sprint (even if your not sprint)
raycarroll70

Dec 17, 2006, 5:02 PM
What are you using software wise for compliling your Java? Are you using one of the Sprint SDKs or something from Sun Microsystems? I too use rumkin for uploading screen savers as well as ring tones I create for my Red Samsung M500. Best uploader site I've found so far.
hans2504

Dec 18, 2006, 1:34 PM
Thanks for your reply.
The exact commands I don't know but I have a ir remote that works. It would be great if the appl. could first learn the codes for each character and then when you enter a message, it will transmit the codes for the characters to the led display. Is this doable?
SprintLynchburg_VA

Dec 18, 2006, 1:42 PM
not doable and doable.

PDA's can read IR inputs from remote and copy the commands. Nevo is one program for Windows Mobile that I know in particular. Tell Nevo to copy the command, aim the remote at the IR port and the command is copied.

Sadly I can't input it into a regular java application, I would have to know the actual commands sent by the IR to write the program.

So am I gonna win this shirt?
hans2504

Dec 18, 2006, 2:09 PM
Hai there,
The nevo solution I know. This will work. The trick is to control it via phone. If you can learn the codes with a PDA, is it then possible to encode these? So you know what to store in the java appl. for the phone?
I will also ask my chinese supplier if they can help me with the command specs. If the appl. gets to work on my phone you sure get a shirt for free!
Thanks for your cooperation so far.
SprintLynchburg_VA

Dec 18, 2006, 2:14 PM
No Nevo can't, you didn't say if you get the application, you said the most helpful post. I can build the app, if I had a remote and the shirt.
SprintLynchburg_VA

Dec 18, 2006, 2:15 PM
let me rephrase my post, I will most likely will be able to read the codes, depending on what microchip the remote is using.
hans2504

Dec 18, 2006, 2:26 PM
I will request my supplier for help about the codes. If I have these I will pass them to you. It would be great to get this working!
Please leave a note at the my site for direct communication.
Thanks.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.