http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=6&fi=779709

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

Back to message list

Top message:  Sprint / Nextel by jsnkss   Apr 19, 2006, 9:51 PM

Replying to:  Re: Sprint / Nextel by raycarroll70   Sep 12, 2006, 1:34 PM

Re: Sprint / Nextel

by Cellinovation    Sep 12, 2006, 2:34 PM

Good Point. However, do you think they are willing to just throw out the Iden network and loose the "instant" two way. It has to be the only real reason to purchase nextel. The Iden network is under heavy strain because of MVNO boost mobile. (I would suspect) this is the reason they are trying to migrate voice to the CDMA side. So they can prepare for the Launch of rev A. This way they won't have a rev A CDMA and a rev A Iden. The Iden network coldn't handle rev A it would end up taking a dump and taking all the voice customers with it. (I have the data functionality on NEXTEL anyways) It just seems to me that everything they went through is way to much to just dump iden. They know that the only reason most people have nextel is the business oriented applications and 2 ways. All the aplications or Migrated to CDMA but the 2 way system can't be. The iden 2 ways is better and customers would drop. I don't know about you but if I was flinging billions of dollars around at everyone then I would want to keep every last subscriber as long as I could. Considering the profit margins are huge on cellular. Most cellular carier can service the overhead on your cellular minutes for around 34 cents a line. even on the average 39.99 plan thats $39.65 in profit. That includes the power to keep the towers running as the monthly power rate does not change.

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.