Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

all discussions

show all 6 replies

How do I........

CamDiver

Jul 14, 2006, 10:36 PM
OK, I'm in no way connected to any manufacturer of cell phones, cell phone technology or other tech related industry. I do though however have a design concept idea for the development of a cell phone unit that would be attractive to a target core of some 10m+ potential buyers world wide. I have attempted to contact the larger players via contact forms on differing web sites at Nokia, Motorola and Sony Ericsson. SO far no response.

I abide by the old concept idea of nothing ventured, nothing gained. This could be something, it could be nothing. I understand the pitfalls regarding disclosure of ideas and am not prepared to do that in any way, shape or form on a public access forum.

I am just looking for pointers as to how to approach ...
(continues)
Septhian

Jul 15, 2006, 8:34 AM
You keep coming at them until your frustrations force you to give every fragment of your idea away to them. At which point, they will claim your concept as their own. Then, you may have the satisfaction of claiming the idea to everyone you know ever knowing that even though they pretend to, they do not believe you.
CamDiver

Jul 15, 2006, 4:40 PM
Wow,
Septhian. Thanks for the great info. There I was thinking I'd come to a professional location where constructive help could be shed on a predicament only to find that sarcasm and a desperate need to swath others in self pity seems the order of the day. If you have nothing better to offer then please refrain from spreading your negativity to serious questions.

Regards,
Mark.
WILLPHASE

Jul 17, 2006, 5:07 PM
mark i think you should chill a bit he was just jokeing. i do belive that some major manufacturers have offices where you can speak to reps about this type of matter. they can then put it in through the proper chanels...i would however recoment either copywriteing the idea or getting some kindof pattent bcause as sarcastic as Septhian put it, it is true companys this big due tend to be a bit agressive when it comes the the next big thing...........................Ps i have some cool ides of my own show me yours ill show you mine (lol that didnt sound right)
WILL@COMMTOGO.com
CamDiver

Jul 19, 2006, 5:43 AM
Will,
I understand how my message may have sounded. There are a million and one sites I could have chosen to post my initial inquiry to but I chose this one due to its seemingly professional reader base. I don't like to have my time wasted, I am way too busy for that. I am neither naieve when it comes to corporate lack of confidentiality especially when it comes to submitting prospective technological ideas.

I reacted as most would in my position. I stand by that.

I feel it best if all concerened keep their own ideas to themselves and look for ways to approach potentially interested entities who may provide the required platform for project undertaking.

My search continues.

Regards,
Mark.
WILLPHASE

Jul 20, 2006, 5:33 PM
alrighty then....ok sorry i asked. if you want though i do know some people at motorola if your confortable enough to at least give me your email i can get you in contact with them...but thats up to you i was just trying to help
CamDiver

Jul 20, 2006, 9:07 PM
Hi Will,
I can't help but feel your frustration. All I have is an idea, it may be something, it will probably come to nothing. I wouldn't want to waste your, or anyone else's time and efforts. All I am looking to do is run it by the development department of production entities within the mobile media world to see if this could actually be something they would be interested in.

I'm sure you would also prefer to keep your ideas a closely guarded as possible in the same situation.

I have recently opened discussions with a couple of entities in Japan.

Regards,
Mark.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.