Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Non-Camera Clamshell Phones

jdryeaua

Oct 22, 2005, 7:11 AM
I am hoping that more carriers will begin to produce clamshell style phones without cameras. I am a civilian employee for the Department of Defense and we are not allowed to have any type of photographic device on my installation. My wife is an RN at a local hospital, and they are not allowed to have cameras in cell phones, either. As a matter of fact, many schools and private industries are now banning cell phones with cameras. Hopefully, this will be addressed by the manufacturers and the carriers. Many people want a phone - for communication - and emergencies, not an mp3/4 player, Internet device, babysitter, etc. I hope this will be addressed as well.
everman

Oct 23, 2005, 6:20 PM
All carriers produce clamshell phones without cameras. All carriers are aware of these objections to camera phones. All manufacturers are aware of the objections to camera phones.
All carriers are making efforts to provide these phones and new phones like them for their customers.

So it has been addressed.
SystemShock

Oct 28, 2005, 4:16 PM
You sure? Seems like there's very few clamshell phones without cameras these days (and what there are usually pretty ghetto/low-end), and there's gettin' to be fewer all the time.

Maybe its addressed, but not too well.
kai445

Oct 31, 2005, 12:15 AM
https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=779 »

I wouldn't call the V540 ghetto-low-end :-P. There's gotta be more... somewhere.
cadillacman1986

Oct 31, 2005, 3:32 PM
If the V540 is the same as the V551 but w/o a camera, then it is a very well made phone and far from "ghetto" or "low end". I owned the V551 for a few months before I cancelled with Cingular, and it was a great phone, very well made with a lot of great options and a better screen than most phones. I wish I could have kept that phone to use on Verizon, but ya can't, so it had to go. But yeah, that V540 would be a great phone for what you are looking for.
WILLPHASE

Apr 7, 2006, 2:28 PM
What carrier do you have? if you happen to have nextel (not likely) ill recomend the i920.
its exactly the same phone as the high end smartphone (i930) but laking that one vital element, the camera......the features are pretty cool, it is windows mobile
intenational (dual band iden/gsm) fully internel and wap capable and sinkable with your outlook
Samsung All The Way

Apr 9, 2006, 1:36 PM
Depends on the carrier on the camera phones. every manufacturer has a no camera phone or two. i wouldn't call them ghetto the samsung a630 isn't ghetto and the Lgvx3300 is just sorta ghetto 😁
Samsung All The Way

Apr 9, 2006, 1:38 PM
crap if you read that message change "every manufacturer has a no" change the no to one 😡
Jennyboo

May 18, 2006, 7:33 PM
Our store has 5 flip phones with no cameras, so they are still becoming available
crxtreme89

Mar 25, 2006, 2:13 PM
Unfortunately the cellular industry is going towards Data. Text messaging, picture messaging, downloading games and ringtones, internet, streaming video etc... A basic non-camera clamshell can do these things, but why would someone have a basic clamshell that can do these things and not have a camera? As said before, the issue has been addressed and there are still options out there. If you are not happy with the options and hate the fact that you cannot use a camera phone in your industry, then it may be time for a new industry. Maybe we could hold a huge protest against the industries that ban camera phones in their facilities.
celesticatfl

Apr 8, 2006, 3:15 PM
You've obviously never worked in an environment that deals with Classified information or products.
Rich Brome

Mar 27, 2006, 2:30 PM
FWIW, you can search for such phones using the Phone Finder here on this site. For example, here are all of the clamshell phones currently offered by Cingular without a camera:

https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/finder_results.php ... »

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.