Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Nokia Clamshell

cellnuts

Nov 6, 2005, 2:33 PM
can anyone here tell why it took Nokia so long to come out with a clamshell style phone??

There first one made came out this year while all the other manufactures have been makind them for 6 years or more
lorilicious

Nov 6, 2005, 3:35 PM
yeah i'm not sure either. I mean NOKIAS are the bomb and is not like they don't have the technology or the means to create a clamshell phone way before everyone else. but hey whatever, they are getting it now, they are even getting into the slider format also! CAN'T wait to see the 6265 hit the market, I wonder what carrier is going to get that phone!
Polvo de ajo

Feb 27, 2006, 12:37 PM
I personally like the look of the new nokia N90, it looks to be more advanced than the samsung a940, and it's a nokia; hoorah!
Devin_sq

Mar 4, 2006, 12:11 AM
đŸ¤Ŗ 🙂 😁 ☚ī¸ đŸ˜ĸ 🤭 😲 đŸ˜ŗ 😕 😎 😡 😛 đŸ‘ŋ 😈 🙄 😉
KrazyJoe

Feb 27, 2006, 12:07 PM
Being in the industry this long I've dealt with reps from all companies (you can actually thank me for Motorola FINALLY giving the option to vibe and ring at the same time).

I asked Nokia why no flip phones 2 years ago and they said "Moving parts are more to break." Basically, they were so concerned with durability that they didn't want to create something that could easily break.

They eventually had no choice but to go with the market because they just weren't making enough sales with candybar style phones.
The Lost Ramone

Mar 4, 2006, 8:34 PM
plus nokia is from Western Europe, where they love candy bar phones as much as the america's love Clamshells.
Polvo de ajo

Mar 4, 2006, 10:40 PM
mmmmmmm candy bars

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.