Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

all discussions

Nokia 6200 from cingular has some settings blocked out!!!!

Mendel

Mar 15, 2004, 12:12 PM
the AT&T version of this phone, has "System Selection" a option to manuly search for service, or to place it on automatic..

anyway the cingular version does not have it, and I just spoke to NOKIA and was told that CINGULAR BLOCKED OUT THOSE SETTINGS

so does anybody know of a way to change that, and to be able to pick other carriers,

so far where I am, even in the OFFICIAL dead spots (cingular acknowledged it themselves) since its in and around a city, where cingular does have coverage, I am picking up 0-1 bar of service, and still does not search for another carrier (AT&T GSM has full service there)

from the way NOKIA put it, ("CINGULAR BLOCKED OUT THOSE SETTINGS OF SYSTEM SELECTION...") sounds like, this plan of free roaming i...
(continues)
simplymarcus

Mar 30, 2004, 11:17 AM
I work for cingular and you are partially right in certain areas your phone is blocked from going to another carrier. All of our romaing agreemnts are area specific if AT&T and cingular are in direct competition ass the A&B carrier then u will only pick up cingular. There are plenty of sights that u can go to online to onlock your phone. But as soon as you get your IRDB from cingular you will be blocked again.
GSMn00b

May 7, 2004, 2:42 PM
Hey i work for cingular down in the phila market and got my hands on a nokia 6820 phone(at&t version). I've been having trouble trying to figure out the wap and mms setup since its a little different from the previous nokias. CS and nokia cs haven't been able to help me out. Would you know or maybe know someone else who would know?

thanks
sw44

Jul 16, 2004, 2:56 PM
you can go to https://secure.mouse2mobile.com/clients/nokia /americas/

and go to browser set up and select your phone and service provider. if that link doesnt work just go to nokiausa.com then to support and then to phone settings and hit start and go from there

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.