Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich

spirit22

Oct 19, 2011, 4:30 PM
I realize this new OS is hot of the presses but does anyone have info as to which Android devices will be upgradeable to this new OS?
hobble

Oct 20, 2011, 2:47 PM
Nexus prime.
Thor713

Oct 20, 2011, 4:07 PM
The Samsung Nexus S that Sprint carries. There hasn't been any other news on exactly what devices will be getting the update from what I have read so far.
Thor713

Oct 20, 2011, 5:19 PM
Motorola also stated via facebook that the Droid Bionic will be getting android 4.0.
Sisyphus

Oct 20, 2011, 7:07 PM
I've heard somewhere that the RAZR will also be able to get ICS
Raider Duck

Oct 21, 2011, 3:20 PM
Hopefully, the Atrix. It definitely has the horsepower for ICS.
mustangpete

Oct 31, 2011, 12:00 PM
CNET News Reporter Marguerite Reardon does a column for them called Ask Maggie. She recently answered the question, "Will my Android get Ice Cream Sandwich?" In it, she answers your question:

"Here's a quick synopsis of how I think the major Android manufacturers will handle the Ice Cream Sandwich update:

Samsung

Given that the first phone to be released with Ice Cream Sandwich is the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, my guess is that several of the more recently launched Samsung phones will also get the Ice Cream Sandwich update, including the entire line of Nexus S phones on AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile USA. I also think the Samsung Galaxy S II phones that were just released this fall will also get the Ice Cream Sandwich update.

(continues)
solwa12

May 8, 2013, 7:33 PM
But the article does more than just report which phones will likely get the update; in it, she also provides a rather good explanation as to why:
http://www.films-streamings.com/ »
Downscripting

May 11, 2013, 2:04 PM
solwa12 said:
But the article does more than just report which phones will likely get the update; in it, she also provides a rather good explanation as to why:
http://www.films-streamings.com/
»

Necro much?
Raider Duck

Nov 18, 2011, 12:37 PM
If Motorola won't provide an ICS update for my Atrix, this is probably the road I'll go... 😎
hobble

Nov 19, 2011, 3:48 PM
Too bad it will be a few months before cyanogen gets any release done for ICS, and even then it will be a while before specific phones get ICS and even longer for a cyanogen version of ICS.
Raider Duck

Nov 19, 2011, 8:40 PM
Supposedly, TPTB at Cyanogenmod are already working on ICS. A tweet a couple of weeks ago said "See you in two months" or somesuch.

Stock Gingerbread's fine for now. I'm seriously in no hurry.
Maxim1989

Mar 16, 2014, 2:17 AM
😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.