show all 10 replies

LTE for the common man

Marckoe

May 26, 2009, 9:48 AM
whos going to have it in the us first?
any ideas?
GraGG

May 26, 2009, 10:03 PM
sprint already announced that they will... but who cares, sprint has been terrible for a while
SprintBGN

May 27, 2009, 10:44 AM
Sprint is rolling out WiMax
Menno

May 28, 2009, 2:25 PM
Verizon will have the first widespread rollout. several markets by the end of the year.. They are aiming for nationwide coverage by 2013
Marckoe

May 31, 2009, 11:22 AM
do you think theyre going to hit it?
Menno

Jun 1, 2009, 8:21 AM
full nationwide? Most likely not. But I'd expect to see it in all major cities and in most rural areas by then. 4g will be a boon for whoever can jump on it first for one reason and one reason only: Data.

The company that does the rollout and offers the most bandwidth (which Verizon's CEO is claiming they'll have) will be able to offer mobile internet faster, and with the skyrocketing price of cable, more people are looking for an alternative.

I don't think 4g will have the same 5gb cap that 3g does. It will have a cap, but I see it being quite a bit higher.

Imagine getting cable speeds wherever you want. Never having to worry about finding a hotel with an internet connection when you're on the road, etc.

The phone featur...
(continues)
CellStudent

Jun 16, 2009, 12:04 AM
Dec 31, 2010 VZW LTE will very likely have a larger footprint then ATT HSPA as of June 30, 2009.
The physics of the 700 MHz block are simply amazing. One LTE tower can cover the same amount of real estate as 10 WiMax towers.
Krantros

Jun 17, 2009, 3:25 PM
Kinda a dumb question here: I've heard a bit about the new LTE network, what will it do differently then current signal? Higher speeds is a given, but I've heard ruors of using it to better penetrate buildings with signal and such, was wondering how that would work.
GraGG

Jun 28, 2009, 4:38 PM
its just faster and uses anolog tech to do it
gadgethead

Jul 1, 2009, 9:28 AM
The reason VZW spent so much money on the FCC spectrum auction was to get the specific spectrum that the were after. I have read white papers taht said the spectrm that VZW purchased was the old UHF spectrum, the rabbit ears on your TV spectrum. So yes if what I read was correct there is a considerable increase in wall penetration.
friarrush

May 10, 2010, 9:06 PM
Verizon is offering LTE to 30 areas this year and will keep on expanding that over the next few years until everyone is covered.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.