http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=6&fi=227531

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

Back to message list

Top message:  Linux OS by swamp_donkey   Feb 17, 2005, 6:07 PM

Replying to:  Re: Linux OS by jamorr   Mar 31, 2005, 6:26 PM

Re: Linux OS

by swamp_donkey    Mar 31, 2005, 7:17 PM

I actually hear that Palm OS is changing to a base of Linux OS. Pretty cool.

I have a Gateway laptop that crashed...literally. I dropped it, and the hard drive was scratched across all of the important windows files for startup. I tried to reinstall, but because it thought windows was still there in some capacity, it would not load properly. Enter linux. I purchased a magazine with a freebie distro of Mandrake 9.1, installed it, and was off an running in under 2 hours, and I had never used linux before. It's free, there's endless applications, and will a little knowlede (less than with DOS) you can get pretty good at it. And I have NEVER had it crash. Ever. There is even a "Kill App" that I found that you just mouse over the application you want to stop, and kill it. No muss, no fuss, it just closes that program. How can you not like that?

Report to moderator

Replies

No replies to this message

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.