Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

all discussions

Will anyone start utilizing the accelerometer on the impression?

duster_do_little

Jan 4, 2010, 3:58 PM
I've had the phone for a couple of months now and have been very disappointed with it. There aren't any good games, software, or anything. Even on media mall where you need to pay for them. The only things I've found that the accelerometer works with is the stuff already on the phone (ie dice, rotating pictures, or the screen).

Does anyone know if, when, or where I could get anything for this phone. You think for the price there would be something.

Also, with my old sony ericsson w580i, most of the apps were free and just required the internet to use (one example being music id). Now with the impression I got a "sweet" trial that was over before I had even really used it.

Also, what's up with the GPS costing money! Is there any way ...
(continues)
vampyra

Jan 8, 2010, 12:08 AM
how bad is this phone? my boyfriend wants me to get it for him. is it a terrible buy? the only issue ive heard is its a lil heavy.
duster_do_little

Jan 8, 2010, 8:01 AM
It's not a terrible phone. It has a lot of features, but for some reason they don't utilize like any of them.

It has GPS, but you have to pay a monthly fee (even if you have a data plan). You have to pay extra for weather channel, even if you have a data plan. You have to pay extra for musicid, even if you have a data plan. The only application that uses the accelerometer is a dice thing where you can shake the phone and the dice roll. The photos will rotate when you rotate the phone, which is kinda neat, except it gets annoying sometimes if the picture was taken sideways. Tipping the phone one way or the other will scroll through pictures which is cool but can also get annoying when you're trying to show someone a picture and it starts...
(continues)
vampyra

Jan 8, 2010, 8:27 PM
ive got an eternity, so yeah that is an annoying issue with pics scrolling... lol and its aggravating that the pictures will not stay still lol.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.