Phone Scoop

printed December 18, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=6&fi=2269657

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

Back to message list

Top message:  Will anyone start utilizing the accelerometer on the impression? by duster_do_little   Jan 4, 2010, 3:58 PM

Replying to:  Re: Will anyone start utilizing the accelerometer on the impression? by vampyra   Jan 8, 2010, 12:08 AM

Re: Will anyone start utilizing the accelerometer on the impression?

by duster_do_little    Jan 8, 2010, 8:01 AM

It's not a terrible phone. It has a lot of features, but for some reason they don't utilize like any of them.

It has GPS, but you have to pay a monthly fee (even if you have a data plan). You have to pay extra for weather channel, even if you have a data plan. You have to pay extra for musicid, even if you have a data plan. The only application that uses the accelerometer is a dice thing where you can shake the phone and the dice roll. The photos will rotate when you rotate the phone, which is kinda neat, except it gets annoying sometimes if the picture was taken sideways. Tipping the phone one way or the other will scroll through pictures which is cool but can also get annoying when you're trying to show someone a picture and it starts scrolling when you hand it to them. After receiving quite a few txt messages you need to restart the phone or you won't be able to send any, and you will only get received messages if someone calls you. I think that has to deal with the processor getting overloaded or something, like it can't dump the old processes. The size of mp3 ringtones is limited to 300kb. Anything bigger than that and it won't let you set it as a ringtone. That equates to a little over 20 seconds at 128kbps quality. Plenty long for a ringtone, but disappointing considering my last phone (sony Ericsson w580i) was $12.50 with a plan and could use 30 second mp3s. To install apps you can't just put the file on the phone and then open it to install it (could with my old phone). You need to use a software that Samsung gives you. The java on the web browser is outdated and won't show hulu or southparkstudios.com. It is a big phone, but that also allows for a bigger screen. The touch screen seems really responsive. The phone is really durable (dropped it a couple times and just has small scratches from the pavement). The screens that pop up when you lock the phone cycle through the pictures that come on the phone, and I don't think you can change it to your own pictures. I've seen some people complain about that.

I know this seems like a big list of hate, but it's not a bad phone for $80 with an upgrade, just figured you might wanna know everything about it that might bother you.

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.