Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

all discussions

show all 14 replies

This will just blow your mind!!! Microsoft has a gesture based gaming system in the works,

Jayshmay

Oct 21, 2009, 2:09 AM
It's codenamed Natal.
No controllers involved, no microphones, just the body, gestures, the software can even differentiate between male and female. This is so, so frinkin mind boggling!!! Microsoft has an SDK for developers out, but no date was mentioned as to when such a gaming system would reach market.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-10255403-235.html? ... »
mrpmpfan

Oct 21, 2009, 5:25 AM
Its an attachment for the exsisting Xbox 360. As far as a date is concerned the best I have heard is Winter 2010.
Jayshmay

Oct 21, 2009, 8:21 AM
Btw, I just got 12mbps speed on my wireless Clear connection on my laptop!!!! Just wanted to share that with'ya!
Drunk

Oct 21, 2009, 5:38 PM
Yeah I saw this last month with Ina fend or whatever his/her name is/was boy/girl man/woman thing.... Whatever it was that did the video thing of it playing with it (new xbox thing)
Funny you post this now because I was just thinking about it (xbox) and yeah.
Jayshmay

Oct 21, 2009, 9:52 PM
So appearently it's not a completly new gaming system? I've been told that it's a some sort of attatchment for the Xbox 360.

I'm just so amaZZZed by how advanced the software is and that it can tell the difference between a female and a male from the skeloton.
ulcards

Oct 21, 2009, 10:03 PM
Yes this will rock the gaming world aslong as it doesn't fail which being microsoft i don't believe it will, I saw it in action and it was sweet the reconizing your movements and voice is just insane, watch the video on the game lionhead has started development on its crazy. plus bungie is stopping after halo reach to start a new game for the natal system. 😎
ecycled

Oct 22, 2009, 1:28 PM
There is a game that uses brain waves. I saw it in Hammacher Schlemmer. You move a ball through hoops and obstacles with your mind.
Jayshmay

Oct 22, 2009, 1:34 PM
Oh yeah? Is this game prototype tech, or actually on the market? Do you have to wear some sort of brain wave reading device on your head?
ecycled

Oct 22, 2009, 1:44 PM
Yeah theres a headband. Its been out for 6 months. I saw it on thinkgeek.com too

There is a few other gaming consoles out there with brainwave activation, too. I was in a mailiing list for this game that had like 16 nodes you stick to your head but I cancelled when it didn't come out at Christmas. I forgot what it was called but it was supposed to be 300 bucks. Pretty sweet.
Jayshmay

Oct 22, 2009, 1:51 PM
Hey, thanks for the website recommendation, I'll check out thinkgeek.com when I get home to my laptop and my beloved Clear connection, right now all I have for internet is my Nokia N95. I'll check that site out when I get home though, thanks.
ecycled

Oct 22, 2009, 1:56 PM
The have a phone bluetooth. Its awesome! Looks like a reciever from a landline. Classic.
Jayshmay

Oct 22, 2009, 2:00 PM
Hmm, Will Smith has a bluetooth earpiece that's a phone in the movie I, Robot.
ecycled

Oct 22, 2009, 2:14 PM
You'll see. thinkgeek.com will take all your money and make you happy.

Check out the USB key stroke. It inserts random letters, presses enter and other stuff at random intervals. Plug it into the back of a terminal and just laugh for hours. Works best in an office environment.
Jayshmay

Oct 23, 2009, 4:56 PM
I finally checked out the site, there's the geeky tshirt I like, check it out.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/interactive ... »
payurbill

Nov 21, 2009, 12:57 PM
yea there is an in toy r us christmas book for this toy for kids and its about 60.00

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.