Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

all discussions

show all 13 replies

looking for cdma ptt w/bluetooth

kountryjentleman

Mar 12, 2005, 10:02 PM
is it so much to ask for? I'm looking for a phone for use on vzw (for coverage reasons) with push to talk (because i want it 😉 ) and bluetooth (for use with a professional install car kit) and a good sized screen (the v265 screen is too small). i don't care about a camera as i don't use it often enough. any reps out there who have some good insight on whats coming out in the near future?

p.s.- it would be even better if if were from Motorola, but you cant get everything...
Disciple247365

Mar 14, 2005, 8:10 PM
kountryjentleman said:
is it so much to ask for? I'm looking for a phone for use on vzw (for coverage reasons) with push to talk (because i want it 😉 ) and bluetooth (for use with a professional install car kit) and a good sized screen (the v265 screen is too small). i don't care about a camera as i don't use it often enough. any reps out there who have some good insight on whats coming out in the near future?

p.s.- it would be even better if if were from Motorola, but you cant get everything...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think VZW has any kind of PTT svc available. This means that you're out of luck. 😕
Aarynk

Mar 14, 2005, 8:17 PM
Disciple247365 said:
kountryjentleman said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think VZW has any kind of PTT svc available. This means that you're out of luck. 😕

VZW re launched it's push t...
(continues)
Disciple247365

Mar 14, 2005, 8:23 PM
Unfortunately, VZW, like other CDMA carriers, is rather thin on BT-enabled phones. This is an area that the GSM carriers have them beat on. Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to start another stupid GSM vs. CDMA debate. This is apparent when comparing available handsets for various carriers.
Aarynk

Mar 14, 2005, 8:26 PM
Disciple247365 said:
Unfortunately, VZW, like other CDMA carriers, is rather thin on BT-enabled phones. This is an area that the GSM carriers have them beat on. Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to start another stupid GSM vs. CDMA debate. This is apparent when comparing available handsets for various carriers.

I agree 100% The phgone selection for GSM is much better.CDMA is getting better with features. I really like the vx8100 that is coming out. I personally have a Nokia 6230 from Cingular and love it. I don't use the bluetooth though. It is a nice feature to have especially if you use a headset a lot or like to transfer stuff to your comp.
Disciple247365

Mar 14, 2005, 8:29 PM
I like the SE s710a from Cingular.... 😎
Aarynk

Mar 14, 2005, 8:31 PM
Disciple247365 said:
I like the SE s710a from Cingular.... 😎

Now that is a nice piece of equipment. Do you own one? I have been looking into gretting one but I heard they are back ordered at least in Cali. I have seen mixed reviews from the forum as well 😕
Disciple247365

Mar 14, 2005, 8:41 PM
I am one of the reps who has won one of the things. Its supposed to be delivered to my house via FedEx sometime between now & the 23rd. I'll let you know more when I get it.

There's mixed reviews on every single frickin' phone on this website. Two people will take one feature - one says its great & the other says its horrible. I think we all have to form our own opinions for the most part. I've practically LIVED in the s710a forum for the last 2 months. There's a lot more positive feedback than negative. Some of the negative is just user ignorance too. Others just have too-high standards.
Aarynk

Mar 14, 2005, 8:50 PM
Disciple247365 said:
I am one of the reps who has won one of the things. Its supposed to be delivered to my house via FedEx sometime between now & the 23rd. I'll let you know more when I get it.

There's mixed reviews on every single frickin' phone on this website. Two people will take one feature - one says its great & the other says its horrible. I think we all have to form our own opinions for the most part. I've practically LIVED in the s710a forum for the last 2 months. There's a lot more positive feedback than negative. Some of the negative is just user ignorance too. Others just have too-high standards.

Yeah I know what you mean. 🙄
kountryjentleman

Mar 14, 2005, 8:31 PM
vzw introduced its ptt service a good while ago and on top of the phones previously stated up there, theres also a moto t300p. im askin if anyone knows of any new phones that will be coming out in the near future that i dont know about yet.

btw, i dont think that gsm has come out with any ptt yet. i know that many phones are coming out with ptt on gsm, but as far as i know, no service providers in the u.s.
Disciple247365

Mar 14, 2005, 8:34 PM
kountryjentleman said:
btw, i dont think that gsm has come out with any ptt yet. i know that many phones are coming out with ptt on gsm, but as far as i know, no service providers in the u.s.

You're right about that, but I have heard rumblings that Cingular is going to try to start offering it later in 2005. *unconfirmed rumor not to be misconstrued as fact*
Disciple247365

Mar 14, 2005, 8:33 PM
I used to be a VZW customer & switched to Cingular about 18 months ago b/c of what I believe are better handsets & also rollover minutes. In all my travels, I haven't really noticed any difference in coverage. I pay about the same amount I did before too.

The 6230 is pretty cool. I just don't like that center selection button. Too often when I try to "select" I end up pushing "up" or "down".
kountryjentleman

Mar 14, 2005, 8:35 PM
im a tmobile customer and im lookin to go to vzw because thats what all of my friends and family have and i want free mobile to mobile there. it wouldnt be bad if my family could also get ptt but i am not thrilled with the selection of ptt phones right now. im just gunna wait it out till they start rollin out.
Disciple247365

Mar 14, 2005, 8:44 PM
PTT isn't everything its cracked up to be, if you ask me. I really don't care if Cingular ever gets it or not. I had to carry a Nextel for an old job once. At first I thought the technology was cool. Now I just think its irritating. People don't HAVE to "alert" you. They can just hit the button & start talking to you. You can be sitting in church, in a theater, a restaurant, etc. & have your phone just start making all kinds of noise with God-only-knows-who saying God-only-knows-what that is then being heard by everyone around you. Just putting your phone on "silent" mode won't solve this problem, and sometimes you can't just shut it off. I'm much happier to put my non-PTT phone on vibrate & choose which calls I want to answer.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.