http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=6&fi=2078853

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

Back to message list

Top message:  LTE for the common man by Marckoe   May 26, 2009, 9:48 AM

Replying to:  Re: LTE for the common man by Marckoe   May 31, 2009, 11:22 AM

Re: LTE for the common man

by Menno    Jun 1, 2009, 8:21 AM

full nationwide? Most likely not. But I'd expect to see it in all major cities and in most rural areas by then. 4g will be a boon for whoever can jump on it first for one reason and one reason only: Data.

The company that does the rollout and offers the most bandwidth (which Verizon's CEO is claiming they'll have) will be able to offer mobile internet faster, and with the skyrocketing price of cable, more people are looking for an alternative.

I don't think 4g will have the same 5gb cap that 3g does. It will have a cap, but I see it being quite a bit higher.

Imagine getting cable speeds wherever you want. Never having to worry about finding a hotel with an internet connection when you're on the road, etc.

The phone features will still sell well, but where companies like verizon make their money is data sales.

Report to moderator

Replies

No replies to this message

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.