Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Mobile Banking Capabilites for your smartphone

jmsmith

Feb 9, 2009, 10:35 PM
Hi-
I am a Management Info Sys major at a Philadelphia university & am in my final semester of my Senior year. My capstone project has to do with creating a mobile banking application for smartphones... and one member of our team is actually being trained by his job to program applications for iPhones. Myself and the third team member are avid BlackBerry users.

My question to all of you is- what would you like from a mobile banking application? For example- you'd obviously want to be able to check your balance... but what else? Any suggestions- no matter how tame or how outlandish are welcomed.. this is part of the "market research" portion of the project. Thanks in advance!!!
-JMS
llama

Feb 10, 2009, 5:18 PM
Ask Bank of America...

USAA...

Wachovia...

and others. It's already there.
IrishCarBomb

Feb 10, 2009, 6:09 PM
-Multiple accounts, with RSS type updates, although I would settle for having to hit an "update" button.

-Ability to transfer money

-Credit Card info support as well

-Small file size, especially for the BB crowd
llama

Feb 11, 2009, 1:07 PM
I can do most of those now on my Curve...

Check with your bank...
IrishCarBomb

Feb 12, 2009, 7:21 PM
I can do all of them too with my Pearl... I have accounts with Wells Fargo and Veridian, and am about to get a 3rd bank. I don't like putting all my eggs in one basket, and it helps me keep track of my finances.

I was just saying, as the OP was asking about what you would like to see in a mobile banking solution, that thats what I would like first and foremost. I don't believe he was looking for something, but rather to make something for a school project.
llama

Feb 13, 2009, 10:31 AM
I guess I don't understand wanting to reinvent the wheel.
IrishCarBomb

Feb 13, 2009, 11:54 AM
Yeah, I get that... but I don't think they are trying to do this for anything more than a school project, and probably had certain criteria that had to be met.

I know that for most of my business projects so far, they want me to reinvent the wheel so they can compare it to something real world. Granted, it is a business plan versus a business service, but same concept. If I want to come up with something 100% new, then I have to in my free time. My business plan proposals have to be something already tested and proven.
WZ_agent

Feb 25, 2009, 8:36 PM
hi

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.