Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

all discussions

"Not Allowed"

ajlineman

Dec 8, 2008, 4:38 PM
So in reading some reviews I've seen alot of people complain about not having, or being excited about having "Threaded messaging". This is normally used in content related to text messaging. Its not a term I'm completely familiar with. I'm assuming this means that if you go over the normal 160 allowed charactors for a text message it will continue to let you type and create a second message. Am I correct in my assumption?
ralph_on_me

Dec 9, 2008, 12:37 PM
I'm fairly sure threaded messaging refers to a "chat style" of messaging. You'll see your previous messages as well as your partners messages while you're typing a message.
Tmo Slave

Dec 9, 2008, 3:41 PM
Threaded text messaging refers to the chat window showing both the send and received text messages. If your familiar with AIM chat, it looks just like that.
ajlineman

Dec 9, 2008, 9:56 PM
Yeah I am.
I don't like the idea... haha
Rich Brome

Dec 17, 2008, 8:41 PM
ajlineman said:
So in reading some reviews I've seen alot of people complain about not having, or being excited about having "Threaded messaging". This is normally used in content related to text messaging. Its not a term I'm completely familiar with.

It's in our glossary now. 🙂

...I'm assuming this means that if you go over the normal 160 allowed charactors for a text message it will continue to let you type and create a second message. Am I correct in my assumption?

Such a thing exists, but that's called "concatenated SMS". (Also in our glossary, of course. 🙂 )

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.