Phone Scoop

printed September 16, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=6&fi=1821196

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

Back to message list

Top message:  Can anyone recommend a program to convert audio or video files to mobile phone compatible formats? by hiro   Mar 6, 2008, 4:24 PM

Replying to:  Re: Can anyone recommend a program to convert audio or video files to mobile phone compatible format by motoguy75   Mar 14, 2008, 10:43 AM

Re: Can anyone recommend a program to convert audio or video files to mobile phone compatible format

by hoppy_froglet    Aug 19, 2008, 12:12 AM

I'd like to listen to a certain political stream off of MEdia Net (AT&T mobile browser) using my Nokia 2610 and I can get onto the mobile website, click the listen link, but it won't let me listen...

I downloaded the Opera browser to my phone and now it actually downloads the audio file but then when I try to open it once I've saved it to a folder, it says file format not supported.

If I could actually convert the file format to work with my phone using one of these conversion programs, I could listen to this show using my phone??

What file format would I need to convert the audio file to, to use it with my Nokia? How much memory would I need to do this? Where could I find this out?

Might seem a dumb question, but have to start somewhere.

If anyone could explain this a little for me, thanks in advance. Maybe someone else out there would benefit from this.

Can anyone recommend a less expensive cellular device ($100 or less) that can actually do streaming audio or at least download audio files from radio show or internet broadcast sites without conversion programs? And without two year contracts.

My cell services are AT&T (prepaid, GoPhone MEdia Net) and Virgin Mobile (Virgin XL browser). Any prepaid services out there that have devices that can do this?

Is it too much to ask--? Rolling Eyes Just puttin it out there to find out, in case anyone out there who knows. Might save me and some others a whole lot of wondering and searching for something that might not even exist.

Report to moderator

Replies

No replies to this message

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.