Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

all discussions

show all 16 replies

She Broke it!

skidude108

Mar 31, 2008, 11:12 AM
I just replaced my RAZR, and shortly after that my friend put hers through the laundry. I offered her mine since I wasn't using it anymore.

She brought it to the USCellular store to get her number switched over to it. She handed it to the woman at the store, who poked a couple buttons and then announced that the phone was broken, and suggested that that was the reason I had given it away.

The phone had worked perfectly for 2 years and I only replaced it because I wanted something better.

Anyway. I'd like to fix it; here's what it does:

It turns on fine, but rather than a useful home screen, you get the status indicators at the top and a black screen.

If you press the left arrow, you get the media options, but the only one tha...
(continues)
attwork

Apr 1, 2008, 11:34 AM
Not sure if this will help, or if it will let you get through the menu, but you can try a master reset too restore all default settings...

1. press menu
2. scroll to setting then press select
3. scroll to initial setup then press select
4. scroll to master reset then press select
5. enter your password or enter the default of 000000, then press ok
6. then the phone will display "reset all phone settings?" please confirm.
skidude108

Apr 1, 2008, 11:44 AM
That option isn't in the menu.

I don't have any of the standard options, all I get for "settings" are 'order apps', 'manage apps', 'data charge', and other things of that sort, and there are no real options under each item, it just says "folder empty" when I select them.
attwork

Apr 1, 2008, 12:35 PM
800-331-6456
skidude108

Apr 1, 2008, 1:38 PM
How will USCellular's customer service be able to help? They're the ones who screwed it up in the first place and then denied it.

Thanks for the number, I'll give it a try when I get home but I don't have high hopes.
attwork

Apr 1, 2008, 6:47 PM
Im sure USCellulars cust service wont help much at all since its out of warranty...

Calling Motorola will be a long shot aswell unless you get the right agent...worth a shot tho.
beeferjay

Apr 3, 2008, 1:24 PM
they can repair that at moto.

but its prolly cheaper and faster to buy one on ebay
dreadedknight

Apr 8, 2008, 10:28 PM
EBAY IS THE WAY TO GO, especialy if you just need a cheap phone, only never buy them if they say slightly used, ive realized from experiance that phones that are "slightly used" tend to have broken parts or old data frames.
Brandon Shelley

May 16, 2008, 8:46 PM
I got my phones from mostly from CellularForum.com and Ebay.com

Hope this does not happen again, I feel sorry for you mate. ☚ī¸
liquidfire

May 25, 2008, 10:12 AM
why are all the responses telling the OP to get a new phone or call Moto??

the store rep obviously did something to the phone. i've had razrs before, and although they are junk and tend to break randomly, they OS doesnt just disappear out of nowhere. I would keep going back to the store and raising hell til they either fixed the phone or gave me a new pne for free. its their fault, not the OPs. The store should own up to it and correct the issue
RiMan

May 28, 2008, 5:50 PM
Yes if it was fine before I'd go back and chew some butt until you finally speak with the highest you can go. If that doesn't work call headquarters things always get done that way.
attwork

May 30, 2008, 7:58 PM
Trust me....The store rep that did it will not own up to it....If its out of warranty they will tell you you're SOL.

Sucks, but what can you do... 🙄
liquidfire

Jun 4, 2008, 1:24 PM
bash their heads in!
attwork

Jun 4, 2008, 8:57 PM
liquidfire said:
bash their heads in!

Ahh, yes. I forgot about that option...Very straight foward and always effective. 😈
Sliznut

Jun 3, 2008, 11:49 PM
If the OS is just messed up why can't US Cellular just reflash it?
poweredup

Jun 5, 2008, 2:56 PM
ah yes! the old ##destroyyouros# button yeah, we do that often 🙄

đŸ¤Ŗ
motoguy75

Jun 8, 2008, 3:56 PM
there are many programs online that will allow you to reinstall OS. first program you need is moto rsd, then find a site (modmymoto.com?) that will have the seeds(internal programs) you need.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.