See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=6&fi=168825

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

Back to message list

Dude.... Help.... NEC softphone.... confusion.... a-a-a-r-r-g-h [dead]

by timothy jones    Jan 20, 2005, 9:38 PM

Shocked Shocked Shocked
OK, I am a computer programmer [and a good one too--VB, C++, C#] and an A/V installer. Cool I never dealt with phones though. Shocked

Now, I gotta Tablet PC that I use for home automation (Crestron based system). I want this Tablet PC to also become a PHONE.

I've got NEC IPS-2000 switch and a bunch of NEC ITR-16D phones. The switch is also connected to an outside world... [I did not install these--this is what my phone guy told me... but I don't think he lied Twisted Evil ]

The PC runs Windows CE .NET 4.2 and I want to write an app to turn it into a phone. I know there are some softphones around, but I've no idea if this is what I need. Ideally, I'd like to get some sort of SDK that I can use and program my own app. Smile

I tried searching on the net [including NEC website], but I got all zoned out--there's too much I don't know. Shocked

If anyone's got any piece of wisdom that would rectify my ignorance Embarassed , you are welcome to speak freely. (Please don't embarass me too much.)

Thank you to all,

timothy jones

Report to moderator

Replies

No replies to this message

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.