printed November 21, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=6&fi=1657801

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

Back to message list

She Broke it!

by skidude108    Mar 31, 2008, 11:12 AM

I just replaced my RAZR, and shortly after that my friend put hers through the laundry. I offered her mine since I wasn't using it anymore.

She brought it to the USCellular store to get her number switched over to it. She handed it to the woman at the store, who poked a couple buttons and then announced that the phone was broken, and suggested that that was the reason I had given it away.

The phone had worked perfectly for 2 years and I only replaced it because I wanted something better.

Anyway. I'd like to fix it; here's what it does:

It turns on fine, but rather than a useful home screen, you get the status indicators at the top and a black screen.

If you press the left arrow, you get the media options, but the only one that does anything is the camera, which seems to work fine, but you can't view the pictures.

Pressing the down arrow gives a primitive sort of menu with 3 options; easyedge, Settings, and Help.

Almost all of the settings are useless because it says I have no apps, no screensavers, and all of my folders are empty.

Pressing the up arrow gives a blank white screen, and pressing all the other buttons just seems to make the correct noises. (tones for the numbers, and the standard beeps for the others)

My theory is that the lady somehow deleted the OS on the phone.
I know there's some way to re-install it while it's connected to the computer, which it still seems to do just fine; I just don't remember exactly how.

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.