printed December 21, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=6&fi=14024

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

Back to message list

WAP 2.0

by Wireless Detective    Jan 13, 2004, 1:17 PM

Let's say that I have a single-band 800MHz 1xEV-DO CDMA phone that has WAP 2.0 and Java.

and lets say that the only carrier that I can activate it on in my area is VZW.

and lets also say that I have all the required information (IPs and stuff) that I need to get it activated.

what would be the best way to get this phone to connect to the data network?

I'm assuming that all I would need to do is get a network connection, ANY connection, because after that, its all just a basic connection which allows me to transmit and receive any data, just like the 1xRTT PC cards and the PDA phones. 1xEV-DO is backwards compatible with 1xRTT, so connecting shouldn't be a major issue.

The only thing I'm concerned about it whether or not VZW has some kind of hidden logon authentication which is different for all devices, such as the #777 and MTN@vzw3g.com for the 7135, and that other # number for the thera and i700.

I know it can and will work. The phone in question is a Samsung V410 from Korea. Service programming and TXT and all of this isn't an issue, but its the data connection that is important.

Thanks,

WD2003

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.