Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

all discussions

show all 17 replies

AT&T reaches record speeds

DeepFryerDan

Jun 29, 2007, 9:56 PM
did anyone see the article on the front of phonescoop? at&t upgraded their wireless data speeds. now theyre a blazing 200-250 kbps. man.. sprint and verizon better look out haha

Today, 2:51 PM
"AT&T confirmed that it spent $50 million to improve its EDGE data network just before the iPhone goes on sale later today. Before the improvements, AT&T reported that its EDGE network delivered speeds between 75-135 kbps. After the improvements, users can expect up to 200 kbps. Phone Scoop achieved EDGE network speeds of 149, 176 and 250 kbps in tests conducted through DSL Reports. The operation was called "Fine Edge," and the speed boosts were achieved, in part, by adding T1 lines to base stations. Update: Verizon Wireless has finished upgrading ...
(continues)
Cellfoneslinger

Jul 25, 2007, 8:53 PM
Every hear of 3g??? I doubt it. Anyways my phone gets 750k average (I've tested at 1mb downtown) on 3g and 230k on EDGE. If any of my friends with sprint could even access dslreports.com my phone would always be faster. I'm not a fan of the iphone but the youtube videos some how load extremely fast.
wombough

Jul 29, 2007, 4:26 AM
why can't your friends with sprint access dslreports. I did all the time with sprint!
Cellfoneslinger

Jul 30, 2007, 3:15 PM
When trying to access dslreports.com/mspeed the Upstage accont access that page...I don't know why. He sells Sprint so you would think he would be able to figure it out.
wombough

Jul 30, 2007, 8:13 PM
I use opera mini no problems.
DeepFryerDan

Jul 31, 2007, 7:08 AM
not everyone that works at sprint is a genius which might explain why your buddy can't figure it out.

as for cingular's speed being faster than sprint's - it's been proven time and again that sprint is much faster. 🤣
wombough

Jul 31, 2007, 7:39 AM
There is another ignorant blanket statement. I hate them! Sprint and att's 3g data is on average the same. Some will be faster then others depending on location. uhh there is that word again location!
DeepFryerDan

Jul 31, 2007, 7:41 AM
maybe the 3G is the same but the EVDO (which more than half the sprint phones support) makes 3G look like child's play. (props to verizon too, they've got it goin' on too)
wombough

Jul 31, 2007, 7:45 AM
oh you for real? EVDO is 3g!!!! UMTS which is att 3g is capable of more speed then evdo is. But they are not able to max it out yet. Just like EVDO is unalbe to max out yet! so please read and do some research before you say something.
DeepFryerDan

Jul 31, 2007, 7:46 AM
haha you at&t customers and employees are so clouded. i pity you 🤣
wombough

Jul 31, 2007, 7:49 AM
ok again you open your mouth before you know. I am not an att employee (US Marine) and don't have their service (never will hate GSM). I ahve alltel. NOW with that said look it up. Japan has the same network that att is upgrading to WCDMA for data and let me tell you I see speeds from 2.5 megs a sec to 700kbs. (Yes I am stationed in Japan right now)All depends were I am. So stop making yourself look stupid!
DeepFryerDan

Jul 31, 2007, 7:50 AM
all you military guys are the same. you get so mad over stupid stuff 😁
wombough

Jul 31, 2007, 7:51 AM
I am not mad. I get annoyed when someone talks out their A**. There is never a stupid question but there are stupid statements!
DeepFryerDan

Jul 31, 2007, 7:52 AM
sir yes sir!
wombough

Jul 31, 2007, 7:53 AM
you must be 12
DeepFryerDan

Jul 31, 2007, 8:07 AM
wombough

Jul 31, 2007, 8:19 AM
Thats the first thing you said that I actually believe!
satansk8

Jul 31, 2007, 4:27 PM
happy day.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.