Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

all discussions

Anyone know how to create a WAP site?

MATRIXMIKEY

Jan 8, 2004, 1:31 PM
I am looking to create a WAP site where users can download Rings, Pictures and Games like wap.s105.com or wap.rtjb.com, etc. Why question is, how do I create a WAP enabled directory on my website? Do I need any special software? Also, anyone know of any good MegaTone/Ringtone Software? For monophonic and Polyphonic Ringtones?
Thanks!

AiM: MaTrIxMiKeY
erict

Jan 11, 2004, 4:58 PM
There are content headers that go on behind the scenes that tell the user's browser how to handle your WAP decks.

There are three ways to create these content headers. (A) You can create a mime type for WAP files in Apache's httpd.conf file on the web server if you are root on the box, (B) you can create a mime type in an .htaccess file for your directory on your web server, or (C) you can use a language like PHP or Perl where you can explicitly create the content headers and in this case, there is no need to mess with Apache or to "enable the directory" for WAP files.

Once that's done, you will need to write the decks (groups of pages) in XML, not HTML. As with HTML, you can opt to write your XML in a simple text editor or in a fanc...
(continues)
MATRIXMIKEY

Jan 12, 2004, 5:47 PM
thanks a zillion!

aIm: mAtRiXmIkEy
😁
Acedith

Oct 21, 2004, 2:38 PM
*drool*

You rock.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.