printed July 26, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=6&fi=1244952

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

Back to message list

AT&T reaches record speeds

by DeepFryerDan    Jun 29, 2007, 9:56 PM

did anyone see the article on the front of phonescoop? at&t upgraded their wireless data speeds. now theyre a blazing 200-250 kbps. man.. sprint and verizon better look out haha

Today, 2:51 PM
"AT&T confirmed that it spent $50 million to improve its EDGE data network just before the iPhone goes on sale later today. Before the improvements, AT&T reported that its EDGE network delivered speeds between 75-135 kbps. After the improvements, users can expect up to 200 kbps. Phone Scoop achieved EDGE network speeds of 149, 176 and 250 kbps in tests conducted through DSL Reports. The operation was called "Fine Edge," and the speed boosts were achieved, in part, by adding T1 lines to base stations. Update: Verizon Wireless has finished upgrading its entire network to EV-DO Revision A. Rev. A will permit download speeds of 600 kbps to 1.4 mbps and upload speeds of 500-800 kbps."

Sprint and Verizon both have the same speeds but some how most cell customers don't notice it. Time for a new marketing scheme? I think so. As for AT&T's "new" data speeds.. make me wish I had the iPhone.. so i could wait 20 minutes for one YouTube video to play

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.