Phone Scoop

printed September 21, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=6&fi=1138524

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

Back to message list

Replying to:  Verizon Samsung SCH U740 hack by curiousapps   May 1, 2007, 9:21 PM

Re: Verizon Samsung SCH U740 hack

by Rich Brome (Moderator)    May 2, 2007, 3:19 PM

... Can anyone please help me hack my Samsung SCH U740 and get rid of the Verizon firmware? Also - what can I replace it with? ...

Ah, but that's the problem. There is nothing to replace it with. The U740 is - so far - exclusive to Verizon Wireless, so the only version of the software I'm aware of is the Verizon version. If it won't come to other carriers, then it's likely that no "generic" version was ever - or will ever - be developed.

If it does come to other carriers with a generic software version, then in theory there might be some way to flash the software from that version to your Verizon-branded hardware, but there would be a huge amount of difficulty and risk in that, and even if it worked flawlessly, a lot of features - like Get It Now and possibly all Internet services - would simply never work.

Report to moderator

Replies

No replies to this message

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.