printed August 1, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=6&fi=1136930

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

Back to message list

Verizon Samsung SCH U740 hack

by curiousapps    May 1, 2007, 9:21 PM

Am I the only one that is completely perturbed by fact that Verizon has the same firmware on ALL their phones - whereby killing the entire idea of CHOOSING a phone and it's "unique" functions? Now it's all about looks and nothing else.

I would switch service, but just discovered this after renewing my contract. The last resort would be to get a new battery for my old Verizon phone which was supposedly lower tech compared to this snazzy Samsung, but actually waaayyyy better because it doesn't have the crappy Verizon firmware on all the phones now. It's really killing the experience.

I used to be able to text a message w/ photo to email addresses. Can't even do that now.

Can anyone please help me hack my Samsung SCH U740 and get rid of the Verizon firmware? Also - what can I replace it with?

Any help is super appreciated!

Many thanks!

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.