Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Cell phones with VOIP Ability

sacornel

Apr 13, 2007, 11:31 PM
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I was curious about any updates.

Will we have the ability to make voip calls from our cell phones in the near future? This would be a great thing for consumers, but not for the cell companies. I've used voip phones before and they work really well.
raycarroll70

Apr 14, 2007, 10:13 AM
Skype already has software you can install on certain wireless devices which would allow you to use VoIP. I believe their software is called Skype Mobile. You may wish to over over to www.skype.com and check out the full details of which specific wirless devices are capable of downloading the software. As far as wireless devices which are VoIP enabled, there are a few GSM ones I've read about online.
wombough

Apr 15, 2007, 5:17 PM
Sprint is rummored to be going to offer VOIP with Wimax.
torkuatin

Apr 15, 2007, 5:54 PM
i have my htc tornado it cn use voip 😁 , and i have wifi at home and at school so tyou know thats pretty cool, here in mexico each minute is like 30 cents or somehing like that and the plans offered are so bad, 170 minutes for 25 dlls without nights and weekends without mobile to mobile XD so wifi is the best for me and my tornado 🙂
raycarroll70

Apr 16, 2007, 10:44 AM
VoIP will be a possibility over both WiMAX as well as 1xEV-DO Rev. A since both platforms will support the throughput (bandwidth) necessary for VoIP.
sherpa guide

Nov 2, 2007, 10:37 PM
Sounds like you are looking for phones with VOIP? Have you tried searching Voitel? You can find it at www.marketamerica.com/age Happy hunting.
ABLINDKID

Apr 17, 2007, 12:25 AM
verizon is working on that for the 4th gen digital phones should be coming out between 2007 and 2008
raycarroll70

Apr 19, 2007, 3:38 PM
😎

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.