See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=6&fi=1049972

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

Back to message list

Calendar Sync Phone2Phone without a PC.

by scallamander    Mar 10, 2007, 10:43 AM

Who'd of thunk it!

It's 2007, cell phones are in millions upon millions of peoples hands, and bluetooth technology has been out for a couple years now.

Is it too much to ask of some forward thinking, entrepreneurial software developer out there to write some code that will sync calendar entries with another phone either via a bluetooth or infared signal?

How convenient is this? My wife and I have very busy schedules. When we see eachother sometimes its only for a short period of time. It would be extremely convenient to push a button to have my calendar entries appended to her calendar, and her calendar entries appended to my calendar. Would work for your kids phones too!

Nobody has time to plug a phone into a pc, upload the calendar entries, then plug in another phone and download the calendar entries. We have better things to do with our time right?

If someone were to write this code, patent the technology and then you'll get bought out for a large sum of money by a larger entity. This software could be used by a vast majority of people. If it were marketed correctly, it would have the potential to be its own button on the outside of the phone. Put the phones down next to eachother, push a button, synced.

Now you say, well this is a total security breach because who is to stop some stranger from sync'ing with my calendar and learning where I'm going to be? Of course there would have to be a small menu to select the phone to sync with in the general vincinity, and to confirm with an 'are you sure' yes or no question, but on most phones this functionality could be performed without opening the flip phone for instance, using a select, and up/down arrow buttons on the outside of the phone. And of course you are expected to not be a moron and leave your phone out for someone to swipe and sync calendars.

Now the ideas are pouring in. I'll go back now and say, if marketed to the extreme, this technology would be briefly showcased in a action/espionage movie where calendar entries from some top secret government dude are stolen, and used to find out where that person will be. Ok that is 100% cheese, but that's what happens when you market to the extreme. All I want is 2 phones to append data to other calendars without overwriting.

Now maybe you guys/gals know a little more about this area than I do, but every time I've asked my techy comrads, or walked into a cell phone storefront, they always tell me this technology just doesn't exist, and it boggles my mind to this day. I would definitely encourage feedback, because maybe someone with the movtivation and bluetooth/calendar programming experience will read this and understand what they must do! Smile

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.