Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

all discussions

convert text message (sms) to email

joenich

Feb 24, 2007, 10:59 AM
I am looking for a service that will allow incoming text messages to be converted to email messages that will then come to my website. I can not find a service that provides this. I know that you can easily email a text message, but I am trying to do the opposite: find a way of letting people send text messages to a cell phone number and have them forwarded as emails to my website. Any ideas?
Crapbag

Feb 24, 2007, 9:38 PM
I recall something that cingular had set up for forwarding text messages. It was a site accessable through Cingular.com it think that let you set up groups. If you send a single text message to the number for a group it would forward it on and only charge you for the single sms. If you use something like this but put your email address in instead of a number to forward to it should work. Sorry I don't recall the name of the site.
txsolitaire

Feb 26, 2007, 11:13 PM
neat
JAnthon88

May 5, 2007, 8:52 AM
My boss has something like this set up with VZW. I think it goes through VText. He's out of town for the week. If I remember, I'll ask about it and get back to ya.
smithlittle

Jul 3, 2007, 5:56 PM
ever heard of teleflip?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.