Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

all discussions

Phones for people w/ Disabilities

Altman

Nov 29, 2006, 10:25 AM
I worked with people with various disabilities.
I am always getting calls to identify cell
technology that is accessible for people with
disabilities.

Do you know of any cell phones currently on the market that have larger screen or ability to magnify text, or have auditory feedback when you depress a button (phone voices what was pushed)

or larger buttons/raised buttons.

Thank you for help
heyheyhey

Dec 2, 2006, 11:52 PM
Jitterbug!
ABLINDKID

Apr 4, 2007, 8:13 PM
verizon's new samsung u540 has a huge screen and big buttons, for older people, and disabled, and the new en v and samsung u740 are for hearing impaired people, because it has the keyboard they can type text messages with
jenlll

Apr 5, 2007, 1:19 PM
the only phone i have ever had any experience with for people with disabilities......the sidekick is huge with the deaf community and the relay services they use are very familiar with dealings with that phone. other than that, there are phones that are friendly with hearing aides. thats about it.
Hombre07

Apr 10, 2007, 7:40 AM
On Cingular there is a talking Nokia phone for the blind. I couldn't tell you the model number but a blind man brought one in last week to get it programed and he loved the thing.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.