Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

all discussions

windows8 news?

mustangpete

Jan 26, 2012, 2:31 PM
this post was originally posted in the "Windows Phone" forum, and I didn't get any responses within a few hours, so I decided to post it here, thinking I might get more responses if my post were more visible and more targeted. Here's hoping!
-------------------------
http://news.cnet.com/microsoft-news/ » »

Does anyone on this site have any news about Windows8 mobile devices (phones or tablets) coming to market anytime soon?

I recently started a software development company, in partnership with my brother and father. We primarily develop Windows Apps. We are currently looking into the possibility of moving towards being able to offer our potential clients mobile apps. As such, we are exploring which mobile platform will be most benefi...
(continues)
truthinsuffering

Apr 5, 2012, 8:58 PM
Can't say for sure, but I would assume a Windows App would be easier to program because you can program it either in C++ or MSDOS for a simple program. So common sense does dictate that if you are familiar with Windows that would be the way to go. I don't forsee windows becoming a huge thing since there aren't many windows phones out there and thus not many people using them. Android and IOS are the most popular right now and both programmers give you the tools to create their apps on their websites. Apps seem to be easy enough to create. Android is built on the Linux kernal so programming them manually can prove to be hard if you don't know how to use Linux. As far as IOS I haven't messed with creating a app for IOS.
The Real Lounge King

Jun 10, 2012, 7:09 PM
I can't wait for windows 8!
Ejkbou

Jul 31, 2012, 9:24 PM
If I was you I would google Microsoft's E3 presentation. They talk about Windows 8 and a new app called SmartGlass that will be spread across all platforms. Once you have that knowledge, I think you will figure out that your greatest chance of hitting the next wave will be supporting Smartglass as well. Maybe an eye towards getting other apps on windows platform to interact with it or as someone pointed out, learning linux so you can develop for android as I believe android is the real future of mobile computing. Regardless of if on phone or tablets.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.