Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Anyone know this answer???

toolfreek

Feb 5, 2005, 3:40 AM
I was speaking with a true test man and found out that VZW has a maximum dropped call rate of 2%. anything above that according to VZW means it sucks. It sounds good but I don't know.

Does anyone know what the other carriers are excepting???
pizpiz80

Feb 6, 2005, 2:17 PM
I can say that im with VZW and have had this new phone less than a year made ~3200 calls and only dropped 1. 😳 😁
danyel

Feb 12, 2005, 10:50 AM
the amount of dropped calls anyone will receive depends on where you are in the country when making a call. Certain carriers 'own' a specific region, meaning that they have towers in that area. If you have a Verizon mobile and travel into a Cingular region, you may have more dropped calls simply because there will be a chance that the phone will not connect to a tower. All cell phones automatically try to connect to the closest tower owned by it's company, but sometimes they connect to the closest tower even if it does belong to a different carrier. That's is what we call roaming, but most carriers puch national rate plans which do not charge for roaming. Because of all this, you want to find out what carrier works the best in your area, you...
(continues)
toolfreek

Feb 12, 2005, 11:13 PM
let me be more specific...I'm not talking about the amount of dropped calls individuals are recieving. Thats always different based on cell sites, landscape etc...I have Verizon myself. I'm talking about the networks threshhold. This is a per cell site question. What percentage of dropped calls per cell site are allowed on other carrier cell sites???It's not an easy answer to get, but was just curious? VZW is 2%. Thats as high as it is allowed. That means that 2% of that cell sites calls are dropped. 0% means that a it doesn't drop any calls at all ever. pretty rare. I hope this was more clear...
roland_chicago

Feb 23, 2005, 10:13 PM
Does anyone knows where I can have my A780 operating system re-installed. Half of the menu is written in Chinese
armyofun

Feb 25, 2005, 12:20 AM
check with motorola. the might be able to send you a replacement if its still in warranty.
Snatchface

Feb 11, 2005, 2:21 PM
i dropped at least half of my calls in the month and a half i had Verizon.
toolfreek

Feb 11, 2005, 10:47 PM
50% huh....getta a new phone then!
Snatchface

Feb 12, 2005, 12:15 PM
hell, i got all new service w/ sprint, which i am very happy with
Snatchface

Feb 12, 2005, 12:16 PM
i sell cingular, but wouldnt recommend it to anyone let alone get it for myself
HeroPsychoDreamer

Feb 13, 2005, 7:54 PM
Why, just because it happens to suck in your area? That doesnt mean Cingular is bad, just means Cingular is bad in your area. As opposed to my area, Cingular is great. So is T-Mobile and so it Verizon. I don't know about Sprint. But Nextel is horrible.
Snatchface

Feb 14, 2005, 12:14 PM
Nextel is horible here to, and yea Cingular does suck in my area and thats all that matters to me. 😛

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.