Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Cell phone operating systems

SherylBorg

Jun 25, 2008, 1:31 PM
My company is developing an application for cell phone download. The target market is ages 13-22. Can someone tell me the operating systems found most frequently on phones used by this demographic? Our programmers need to be sure the download works on the majority of phones this age groups uses. Many thanks!
Yean

Jun 25, 2008, 7:39 PM
Good luck on getting your answer. If i may say something, why doesn't our company just do the most common OS's. WiMo, Palm, and iPhone?
SherylBorg

Jun 26, 2008, 8:36 AM
We will program for those OS's--we just want to be sure that all the major ones are covered!
skaii

Jul 1, 2008, 1:11 AM
Symbian, BlackBerry OS, Windows Mobile, and iPhone ... there are others too, but those are the ones I know off the top of my head.
SherylBorg

Jul 1, 2008, 8:38 AM
Thanks skaii!
skaii

Jul 3, 2008, 3:37 AM
Oh, and Android. 😎
icyhandlz

Jul 9, 2008, 6:47 PM
nokia's use -s40 and s60
and all the others that are not palm, windows, iphone, android based...im pretty sure are all gui (generic user interface) not sure if the individual manufacturers use the same one or if they tie in their own brand into the interface...good luck researching it....google is probably ur best friend in this immediate instance..good luck

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.