Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

all discussions

FCC Auction....for Dummies

sansl3

Sep 13, 2007, 9:33 PM
okay I have no idea what wavelengths and um..what the auction is for or what it can do or what a company can do with a wavelength once a company buys it. so i was hoping people can give their input on what it means and implicats or changes. all i know is that using the ole antenna on tv's will be gone once its finished. Help me out Nextel18
nextel18

Sep 13, 2007, 9:47 PM
Well I talked about it in other posts but might as well mention here. As you know the broadcasters have/were forced to get rid of that spectrum in order for the FCC to auction it to allow for billions to go into the treasury. The band is 700mhz. it can be used for voice expansion into horrible in-building coverage areas, increasing high-speed data, and new technologies altogether. Some pros are; very good in-building penetration. Cons; high priced. Interference issues. Data speeds could be impacted due to the not able to re-use the spectrum. The FCC made a rule, which Verizon is challenging in the court system that allows for one third of the spectrum being auctioned and bought to allow for an open network to allow for many technologies and ...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.