printed October 20, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=5&fi=3274936

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Lounge

Back to message list

Going cold pixelated turkey

by KraventheRaven    Feb 24, 2014, 9:56 PM   edited Feb 24, 2014, 9:57 PM

I love video games. They are a great part of my life. Oft times intermixing with my life.

But it's not just about playing them or enjoying the story. I also love to study them, to dissect them and understand what makes them so great; both story and mechanics wise.

I've always pictured myself as a video game creative developer. Why creative developer? Because I suck at math.

I've had some good luck being able to get involved in some independent video game projects. However, due to time or economic limitations up until now I have only been involved in one project that seems to be able to at least publish part of the game.

I need to dedicate more time into making games rather than playing them.

Which is why I'm making this an official announcement by publishing it on this forum. As of today and 1 month from now I will not play any PC games at all. I will not uninstall them either, this is an exercise in self-control. The games will remain in my PC but I won't access them for any reason, not even "research".

Cold Pixelated Turkey: Day 01

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.