http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=5&fi=3267953

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Lounge

Back to message list

Top message:  A wolf is a wolf is a wolf by Riot Jr.   Sep 10, 2013, 3:50 PM

Replying to:  Re: A wolf is a wolf is a wolf by Webb   Sep 10, 2013, 5:23 PM

Re: A wolf is a wolf is a wolf

by Riot Jr.    Sep 10, 2013, 5:50 PM

As I see it there are a lot more differences in their behavior than in their physical appearance.
I've had the oportunity of breeding dogs, and wolf-dogs.

A dog, when the wildest and fiercest of dogs, has a far more developed social intelligence when compared to a wolf, at the expense of having weaker survival instincts. You will always be able to socialize with your dog, if it is a dog.

A wolf, being the mildest and gentlest of the wolves, barely has any social abilities (or it's social intelligence is not compatible with that of the human being).
Having a wolf-dog (not a wolfhound, which is a dog) has been one of the most exhausting and least rewarding experiences that I've had with an animal. They sleep a lot, eat a lot, require high amounts of discipline and time (you can't trust your family, specially kids to them).
I assume that a pure wolf would be a non-pet animal at all.

Report to moderator

Replies

No replies to this message

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.