On Wednesday, CNN once again referred to Hispanic defendant George Zimmerman as a “white Hispanic who is on trial for last year’s shooting death of Trayvon Martin, a black teen, in Sanford city.” The term “white Hispanic” was coined by the media after outlets wrongly labeled Zimmerman white; Zimmerman’s father is white, and his mother is Hispanic. On March 8, 2012, the Associated Press wrote, “The neighborhood watch leader is white.” When it came out that he was not, media outlets including CNN began labeling Zimmerman a “white Hispanic” in order to maintain the false narrative that the killing was race-based.
- Re: CNN Labels Zimmerman 'White Hispanic' by Alpha Male
- Guilty or not, that kid shouldn't be dead. by Hadouken
- 'White Hispanic' by .I_I.
- Re: CNN Labels Zimmerman 'White Hispanic' by Zombiej2.0
- Re: CNN Labels Zimmerman 'White Hispanic' by Webb