Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Anyone know about the Nokia 6340i?

JasonT1273

Nov 16, 2003, 9:13 PM
I was just wondering if anyone out there has had any experience using this phone with AT&T Wireless. I am interested in a GAIT solution to use with their service but I am not particularly fond of the Siemens or Sony Ericsson models they have offered. I have been told that the WAP browser that is on the 6340i does not operate on the GSM side of the phone and that even an unlocked 6340i needs a specific SIM card in order to make use of both the GSM and TDMA networks. Any help is greatly appreciated. 😕
Myth

Nov 17, 2003, 4:08 PM
JasonT1273 said:
I was just wondering if anyone out there has had any experience using this phone with AT&T Wireless.

I sell them for Cingular. GAIT solutions are ideal for some of our customers.

JasonT1273 said:
I have been told that the WAP browser that is on the 6340i does not operate on the GSM side of the phone

True, as far as I know. 6340's do not have GPRS.

JasonT1273 said:
and that even an unlocked 6340i needs a specific SIM card in order to make use of both the GSM and TDMA networks.

False. We use the exact same SIM cards in both GAIT and GSM phones.

However, some of the TDMA information (ESN, etc.) is stored in ...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.