Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 20 replies

Does Cell phone spying work?

jay_paka

Nov 22, 2010, 2:53 PM
Hi all,
I see these websites ADs that you could listen in someone elses call, read text check pnone contact list ect without installing anything on the target phone. I was wondering if it is possible.

My question is; Is it possible? If you answer yes please explain. Remember you do not have access to the target phone. What distance does the target phone has to be for this to happen?

Can I hire may be an internet company to do this for a monthly fee? So all I recieve is the data.
Thanks
He who Lurks

Nov 22, 2010, 5:32 PM
spyware can be loaded onto a smartphone just like a computer
Amarantamin

Nov 22, 2010, 7:50 PM
Where can I get some spyware for my phone? I have a virus protection application to test.
Amarantamin

Nov 29, 2010, 6:51 PM
Don't leave me hanging!
olderthandirt

Dec 27, 2010, 6:31 PM
Actually there is a process and spyware for texting. It can be found with a google search.

Had a caller explain how they had set it up on their childrens phones so they could moniter both texting and facebook.

Explains why get calls from people saying that someone knows what and who they are texting.

Internet is the wild west and anything is possible.

Easy answer. Do not text or do anything that you do not want others to see. Be responsible for your actions
Amarantamin

Dec 28, 2010, 12:40 PM
Require that they be installed on the phone directly; you can't send it to the phone, but must have the phone in hand to plug it into a computer and transfer the files.

I've looked into it, it's not as easy as some customers like to pretend. The ones who say their phone has never left their posession are either A. Lieing, or B. Ignorant of their phone's daily life. That, or their phone isn't really being 'hacked'.

My personal favorite was the lady who said that her Blackberry got a virus over WiFi from their neighbor, which transformed itself into Bluetooth and took over her car.
IrishCarBomb

Dec 28, 2010, 4:37 PM
actually, there are programs that can hack into nearly any phone so long as that phone has bluetooth. Doesn't need to be pre-installed, etc.

Some phones do a better job of protecting against it than others, but it is actually really easy to do.
olderthandirt

Jan 1, 2011, 2:34 PM
Recently, here on phonescoop read about actual trojan horse in China. Coming soon to a smart phone near you
Robotic Captain Ahash

Oct 5, 2011, 2:18 PM
Get back to Greece you sillies!
alpaca_camel

Oct 9, 2011, 9:54 PM
send in the kraken! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
Riot_Act

Dec 18, 2012, 5:46 PM
That happened on older features phones... And I don't really know the purpose that those programs had because actually the only thing that they did (or as far as I knew) was erasing all the phone's information or locking, making the UI go all crazy or stuff like that.
Due to the limited data-transferring capabilities that those phones had I really doubt that those viruses were really dangerous.
Besides, you had to accept and open a file in order to activate a virus.

For modern smartphones... You can disguise the spy-ware as an update or inside another application like a game. It will be installed by the user, as well as the other guy said, you can take the phone for a while and install it yourself from your computer.
olderthandirt

Jan 1, 2011, 2:33 PM
not true. My one customer did it all online. She moniters her children. Texting and facebook are all logged and recorded.
Has allowed her to make sure no risk toward kids.

Never say never when it comes to tech.
Quipbw

Dec 29, 2011, 3:37 PM
A smartphone is just like a small computer it can get viruses and it can crash example (moto atrix)
hobble

Jun 1, 2011, 6:17 PM
I know of an app that will snoop wifis for facebook logins and allow you to fully access them.
Your real Dad

Sep 29, 2011, 12:55 PM
Faceniff
monica123

Sep 25, 2011, 7:50 PM
Just saw it in films, but never used it, nor do my friends around me.
ernesthelmer

Nov 28, 2011, 10:42 AM
Yes, it works...
There are a lot of spy phone software on the market today.In just a few short years, cell phone spyware can now be purchased for BlackBerry, iPhones, Nokia, Windows Mobile, and even the new Android cell phones.
www.spyphonetap.com
Ynoga07

Dec 7, 2011, 4:18 PM
๐Ÿ™„ any specific info about the spying stuff and the things that it or they actually do??????? ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿคจ ๐Ÿ˜ก
Trismegistus

Sep 24, 2012, 10:33 PM
Someone else has already explained it.
mat jonson

Feb 28, 2013, 3:51 PM
it dose work
even if it is smart phone it is possible to do it
in fact with smart phone it is more easy
one need to put a spyware in it and its done

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.