Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Attn: Pumpkin

Scandal

Nov 13, 2003, 9:14 PM
What do you think of Samsung quality? Is it up there with Nokia quality?
pumpkin

Nov 14, 2003, 12:07 AM
unfortunatly i dont have that much expereince with samsung phones, as att does not offer samsung tdma phones. but my friend had one for two years and she loved it, and from what i have heard, they are good. but i wouldnt quote me on that as i have never dealt with them myself. sorry. 😕
dougc

Nov 14, 2003, 1:48 AM
I've been using a Samsung VGA1000 (aka SPH-A620) for about a month now, after several years of Nokias with ATTWS and a company that is now part of Alltel before that. I read lots of user reviews going into it of Sprint's phones, mainly Sanyo and Samsung. There was a clear thread of opinion that Samsungs were great but just didn't have the reception of the Sanyos among Sprint users, but I didn't sense that with users of other carriers that feature these brands. Being new to Sprint and anything but Nokias I can't speak to that, but I can say the signal has been at least as good as I had with ATTWS Nokias before their TDMA went to pieces along with everything else -- which was no problems at all! My particular phone is solid, well built, ha...
(continues)
brodfukker

Nov 14, 2003, 2:31 PM
SAMSUNG quality is A-1 from my experience & the experience of several others I know... but the one (& only) area of weakness I've seen is reception on SprintPCS. The problem I had with this was actually using a 3G model - the A500. The phone would not be able to connect a call to the network sometimes even when showing full signal. But I've seen friends have really good experiences with SAMSUNG using T-MOBILE & Verizon & I actually had really good luck using non-3G SAMSUNGs on Sprint... but if you're going with Sprint do yourself a favor & go SANYO! 😁
TurdFurguson

Nov 17, 2003, 3:17 PM
Former Sprint PCS rep here and I have seen all too many samsung destruct. They offer neat and innovative features but (as before mentioned) their signal strenght is a downfall... but have heard their recent models (last 6 months) have gotten tremendously better. The build quality and design in the past of samsung were horrid. My famous example is a seeing a 8500 get a cracked LCD when my girlfriend slid into a booth at a restaurant. I went to a store (when i was an employee on their S.W.A.T. team)and they still believe me when i told the story. Sanyo's can be a bit pricey but are with out a doubt worth it. But nokia quality? Every experience I have had, and speaking to others, nokia is not the quality benchmark you should be shooting for. (...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.