Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Is it time to get a 3D phone? is it worth it?

rainman7506

May 17, 2012, 2:33 PM
I am considering making a purchase of a 3D phones, and i realize that my options are very limited. Its not something unusual to me, whenever i decide to make a purchase i always find myself with limited choice.

Here are my choices which i need to finalize before i make my purchase.

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S LT18i Android 3D Touch Screen 8MP Camera GPS WiFi Bluetooth Unlocked Quad Band (Silver)

or

LG P940 PRADA 3.0 K2 Android 3D Quad Band Unlocked Phone (Black)

or

HTC EVO x515M 3D Unlocked Quad Band with 3D without Glasses Touch Screen phone (Black)

My concerns are on the following areas:

1. battery life,
2. eye strain
3. cost
4. viewing angle
5. where is the best place to buy it
6. will it record in 3D
7. fin...
(continues)
truthinsuffering

May 17, 2012, 8:17 PM
Well I have messed with Evo 3d, Here is what I know of it.

1. Battery Life (6 Hours Max talk time)
Can't really quote a good standby because I was messing with it alot, but battery is kinda Bleh, especially with the 3d turned on.

2. Eye Strain, Screen size is good 4.3" screen however with the 3d on, on the phone it is a little bit of an eye strain and has to be held just right to see it.

3. Skipping this one. Will post later after I price check it.

4. See answer 2.

5. Will repost later.

6. Yes.

7. I personally don't think it is worth it just for the 3D, although it is a great phone even without the 3D, but the glassless 3D still has a long way to go.
rainman7506

May 18, 2012, 2:12 PM
I agree with you, the entire night i was also doing research and figured that is the best route to go , but my reminder concern was the price..i called my maestro card to see if they can help me and they reccommend me two vendor that mathes their lowest price myworldphone and tigerdirect, i checked both site and both site has similar price..but i am still worried about the battery life.. pls help me with because that is my most important concern after my research.
truthinsuffering

May 18, 2012, 2:34 PM
Upon checking some reviews the biggest thing I am seeing with this phone (if you have ever owned an Android before) Battery life is similar to any other Android phone, 1 days worth of charge and it is on the charger, even with fairly light usage.... However it also says that with the 3D turned on it cuts that time in half if you leave it on for a hour or so. I will check into some more info to see if I can find some technical specs on that.
rainman7506

May 18, 2012, 3:01 PM
boss i need at least five days of standby and about 5 hours of talktime on a single charge..my question is i can alwasy toggle between 3d or 2d, but will doing it 2d will save me memory?

and also where to get it from ebay, myworldphone, tigerdirect?
Jellz

May 19, 2012, 10:18 AM
3D always seemed more of a gimmick to me. I would say that it wouldn't be worth it on the eye strain alone, plus not many things use 3D right now (sure you can record 3D video or pictures, but when you move them off your phone you need very specialized devices to view them).
rainman7506

May 23, 2012, 8:36 PM
after my research i have setup my mind on to

HTC EVO x515M 3D Unlocked Quad Band with 3D without Glasses Touch Screen phone (Black)

I know this may not be the 100% satisfying.. but at this time.. i really want to get into 3d, i want to know gaming possiblilites on it, i want to capture my kids video on 3d format and save it somewhere. I am thinking to get this one unlocked from ebay or myworldphone or maybe amazon, let me know if u got any place else to get it from.
Haggard

May 27, 2012, 12:25 PM
1. battery life - All Android phones that have used this, so it'll be crap.
2. eye strain - the EVO 3D hurt my eyes, but may vary per user.
3. cost - sprint no longer offers it, but virgin mobile will and it was about 250-300.
4. viewing angle - crap.
5. where is the best place to buy it - google would have your best results for that.
6. will it record in 3D - yes it can, but the 3D can only be viewed on the device or another 3D device..
7. finally is it worth it? and which one? - personally, no. the devices that it is on are good, but the 3D is not.
The Phoenix

Jun 1, 2012, 7:22 AM
but you have a patch on one of your eyes, you already lack depth perception. What would make you even think to try a 3D phone 🤨

🤣 🤣 🤣
hobble

Jun 1, 2012, 7:36 PM
3d is totally worth it, if only they could put it in a device that will get dev support.
SeXyLittleHeartBreaker

Jun 1, 2012, 8:15 PM
I don't actually like it. ☹️

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.