Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Samsung galaxy 2 typing problem

Sugarshaneo7

Oct 17, 2011, 6:53 PM
I somehow have my typing locked in underlining every thing, such as in text messaging. how do I get this un locked? thanks
Rich Brome

Oct 17, 2011, 7:09 PM
The underline is probably part of the interface or font, not underline formatting applied to the text. In other words, it's only being displayed as an underline; you're not sending underline text to people. I don't think that's possible.

Could it be the keyboard / input mode you're using, like Swype or XT9? Most predictive typing systems like that will underline words as you type them just to indicate that the software is actively predicting/correcting your typing, but the underline goes away once you move on the next word.
Sugarshaneo7

Oct 17, 2011, 7:33 PM
you are right, I bet it is the typing input that I am using that makes sense. thank you. appreciate it.
JimmyTaliban

Nov 23, 2011, 11:27 AM
Rich Brome said:
like Swype

Bingo.

OP - disable Swype and your lines will disappear. I know the feeling, it erked me as well when I first had the phone.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.