Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Android Security

spirit22

Oct 26, 2011, 8:36 AM
For the seasoned Android users, how do you keep your device secure? I was recently asked to reconsider my plan to get a BB and thus started looking at Android devices but one of my concerns is that the Android platform is so easily hacked given its open nature.
speedywalk

Oct 27, 2011, 10:30 AM
and I also pay attention to what I'm installing (if non-market) and where I'm surfing.

Not much different that owning a PC, really.
spirit22

Oct 27, 2011, 4:20 PM
Thank you... I presume this is an app or program I can load correct?
speedywalk

Oct 27, 2011, 5:16 PM
just search AVG in the Market
hobble

Oct 31, 2011, 5:53 PM
lookout security. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than avg's beta anti-virus.
Lazarus84

Nov 2, 2011, 4:09 PM
I use Lookout! Way better than AVG.
speedywalk

Nov 8, 2011, 9:59 AM
the switched.

AVG doesn't use the system resources LookOut does, and AVG does something else pretty cool.

I had it installed and had to swap my SIM card out. AVG detected the new SIM installed in the device and immediately notified me via email that the SIM numbers were changed. It even listed the old SIM number and the new SIM number in the event it was stolen.

How would you like to be able to call your provider and say "hey, my phone was stolen and my security suite says this SIM is the one in the device now"

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.