Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Ubuntu 11.04

thahammer

Jun 23, 2011, 9:11 PM
I'm using Ubuntu 11.04 running off a 4gb pen drive because my hard drive crashed. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Is anybody impressed? ๐Ÿคจ
pickles

Jun 23, 2011, 10:57 PM
I can speak japanese, too!
thahammer

Jun 24, 2011, 7:24 AM
How could you not be impressed that I'm running an entire operating system off a pen drive?! ๐Ÿ˜•

I HATE YOU! ๐Ÿ˜ก
pickles

Jun 24, 2011, 8:10 PM
in fact, I am impressed. I was making a lame attempt at a joke...as in..you were speaking japanese, cuz i dunno wtf you're talking about
IrishCarBomb

Jun 25, 2011, 9:08 AM
Nope. Given I can run that same build on my phone off a micro sd, color me unimpressed.
desireuser442

Jun 25, 2011, 4:38 PM
WOW irish your amazing! no one is better than you! please teach us your amazing smartphone ways!!!! this IS impressive, nice work
thahammer

Jun 25, 2011, 11:29 PM
I'm intrigued.

What kind of phone?

How much space is on the micro sd? You've done this? It works with touch? ๐Ÿคจ
IrishCarBomb

Jun 26, 2011, 12:08 PM
Nexus One and my G2. I have an 16GB SD card, I want to say the install takes about 4 total, if that.

It has been a while, I only did it to say I did it sort of thing. But if you head over to xda-developers.com, hop into the forums and look under android development for a specific device, odds are someone has a walk thru for it.

If you tell me what device, I could even link it for you.
thahammer

Jul 3, 2011, 12:28 AM
I don't understand how Ubuntu would work on a cell phone ๐Ÿคจ
Robotic Captain Ahash

Jul 6, 2011, 6:04 PM
Android runs a linux kernel as is, it's not really a huge jump.
fullracecam

Jul 14, 2011, 4:53 PM
the HTC HD2 runs ubuntu on it and everything works. right now iv read that the HD2 runs it the best but there are a few others that can also run it on the phone. the best way it just run it off a thumb drive on a computer because using a touch screen to navigate the OS on a small screen kinda sucks.
AndroidDEVELOPER

Jul 27, 2011, 7:21 PM
definitely not impressed..... Not one bit buddy.....
pickles

Jul 27, 2011, 7:23 PM
why you lyin, tough guy?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.