Phone Scoop

printed August 29, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=4&fi=2823402

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

Back to message list

Top message:  looking for help and information. by nophonecartel   Jun 11, 2011, 11:13 PM

Replying to:  Prepaid already does that by Xobjen   Jun 12, 2011, 9:52 AM

Re: Prepaid already does that

by nophonecartel    Jun 12, 2011, 3:30 PM

Xobjen,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have considered getting a pre-paid. Most of the carriers say that you then become a "second class citizen" where if it gets to busy you will be the first dropped while their contract customers get priority.

Now I don't know if that is a lot of sales crap or what so I don't have the information to make a decision on that yet, I would tend to think it is more likely some half truth sales pitch.

That said, I still must say, when you think about it, the large carriers probably have a very sweet deal with their phone suppliers because of their volume sales. In the end if you sign a 2 year contract it is similar to paying an finance fee for the phone that is 4-8 times higher then if you had purchased the phone at full price with a credit card (still having to pay a chunk). Basicly, they are acting as a bank with none of the oversite.

What is it, if you know that keeps someone from coming out with a phone that is portable through all carriers?

I am a custom furniture builder, so, when someone can't find something store bought, they come to me. I don't know if I couls afford one, but isn't there some sort of "custom buillt" phone available. It would be comforting to know that at least I have a choice. (even though they have managed to make it a economic driven one.

Thanks again.
nophonecartel

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.