Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Wireless-N Ethernet Bridge

Azeron

Jan 28, 2011, 3:17 AM
I need a solution where I can plug in a device which requires a wired Ethernet into my wireless network. Does anyone have knowledge of the Wireless-N Ethernet Bridge?
cstone

Jan 29, 2011, 11:54 AM
How large scale of a network are we talking here? Is this just a home network or more advanced than that. If it is a home network then most likely your Wireless router has Ethernet ports on it, generally there are around 4 ports on the back. If you do need a Bridge, would it have to be Wireless-N? B/G devices can connect to an N network with no problems. If this is a gaming device then you probably want N. I recommend taking a look at www.tigerdirect.com and www.newegg.com they are both good websites with great prices on most items. They both specialize in Electronics. Good luck!
Azeron

Jan 29, 2011, 9:36 PM
I only need to plug in one Ethernet cable. I would prefer to not bother with a cable at all but I just want something that will work.
cstone

Feb 10, 2011, 6:06 PM
Well if you want to avoid the Ethernet cable you can do that easily if the device is a computer. All you need is a wireless adapter for it. They sell both USB and PCI wireless adapters for pc/mac/linux systems. To me it sounds like you just need a Wireless N router. Linksys makes a good product, and I have had good luck with Belkin as well. Any wireless router that I have seen will have around 4 ethernet ports on the back that will allow you to connect an ethernet only device into the wireless network. Or of course as I mentioned you could purchase a wireless adapter so that you could make that connection wireless.

What kind of device are you trying to connect to your network?
Azeron

Mar 4, 2011, 5:43 PM
Comcast go bye bye!

I have to connect to my VPN via an Ethernet cable. This device allows for it via Wi-Fi.
cstone

Mar 4, 2011, 6:24 PM
Oh ok. So did you find the device you needed then?
Azeron

Mar 4, 2011, 8:16 PM
Cisco Linksys WET610N
cstone

Mar 4, 2011, 8:39 PM
Awesome. Glad to hear you found what you needed. 😁
Azeron

Mar 5, 2011, 6:28 AM
Thanks. *Bleeping* Comcast! *Bleepards* were charging me $27 per month for the Internet and $7 for the modem. I call them to fix the line in my bedroom which the cable installer already admitted was twenty years old and they told me $40. So I bite the bullet and buy this device, get it working and take their modem back. Suddenly they want to waive the fee. Too late.
cstone

Mar 5, 2011, 12:29 PM
Lol that sounds like a cable company. When you call and say you need something fixed or you will leave they do nothing. But when you call and say you want to cancel they will bend over backwards to fix any problems you had, "Bill too high? Well lets get you back on the promotional price for new customers." "Internet too slow? Lets get you bumped up to the highest package and lock you in at the price you're at right now."

Congrats on kicking them to the curb!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.