Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Android phones with 640x960 screens?

daver

Dec 15, 2010, 1:12 PM
Hey all,

I am trying to decide if I want to drop money on an Evo or a Galaxy phone now or hold off for a bit until newer, cooler stuff comes out.

Mainly, I was wondering if any models will be coming out with similar dimensions, but higher res screens (e.g., 640x960). Yes, there are iphones, but I refuse to buy those for religious reasons 🙂. Any news from manufacturers as to when such a high-res android phone would be on the market?

Also, since phone size is one of my bigger concerns, I was thinking of holding off until stores are stocking some of the folding display techs that are emerging:
http://www.concept-phones.com/news/folding-screen-te ... »

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to how long th...
(continues)
Menno

Dec 16, 2010, 5:46 PM
There are none currently available in the market. Also Android, as a spec, doesn't support that high of a resolution, so why you could make a screen that does have a "retina" display (there are some chinese companies that do) a lot of stock android apps would look really distorted on it.

There will most likely be higher resolution displays coming out sometime this year, but honestly the 480x800/854 of modern high end phones is plenty nice. If pixel density is a concern, then go with a 3.7 screen instead of a 4.3 to make it look nicer.
Rich Brome

Dec 17, 2010, 5:33 PM
Nothing gets quite that high on Android, but there are a ton that are 480 x 800, which is still pretty darn high-res:

https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/finder_results.php ... »

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.