Phone Scoop

printed April 17, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=4&fi=2599755

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

Back to message list

Replying to:  My samsung caliber and sd card by giovanni23   Oct 21, 2010, 11:47 AM

Re: My samsung caliber and sd card

by Rich Brome (Moderator)    Dec 6, 2010, 8:42 AM

Some phones automatically treat any audio file smaller than a certain size (such as 300 KB) as a ringer, and files larger as music.

For standard-length songs (4 minutes or so) recorded at a decent quality (bitrate of 128 or better) this is no problem.

Look at the lists on your phone. If it's the shorter songs that are treated by the phone as ringers, than this is probably the issue you're running into.

If your "songs" are really smaller than 1 MB, then they are unusually small song files. I suspect you have ripped your music at an unusually low bitrate like 32 kbps. That's great for fitting more songs onto your phone, but the sound quality is absolute crap. Most people prefer a bitrate of at least 128 kbps for decent sound quality, if not something higher like 160-192 kbps.

If you re-rip your MP3s at 128 kbps or higher, that should solve your problem.

Report to moderator

Replies

No replies to this message

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.