See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=4&fi=2584142

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

Back to message list

Replying to:  Frustrated with Android!!! by rarodrig26   Oct 21, 2010, 2:28 PM

Re: Frustrated with Android!!!

by ac4321    Nov 18, 2010, 9:24 PM

Figure out which apps they are. Uninstall non-important ones. Look at available storage memory. Clear out old messages and logs and other caches. When you exit a program hit the menu button then close, instead of just backing out, if you aren't going to need it for a while.

You may want to look into the built in task manager. I haven't played with it a lot on the Evo, but on the Epic it's great.

The problem isn't Android but:

1- OEMs push app capability but don't put enough memory to really handle it.

2- users want their hands held. The iphone is the device for that.

You said you don't want to hear anything about Task Killers, but the reality is that they cause issues. From the internet randomly turned off, to background messages/texts/emails not coming through, to apps randomly force closing because their dependencies were closed by the task killer- they cause a negative experience.

Oh, and don't forget the eternal solution of "turn it off, turn it on." By this I don't mean wait for it to act up on you. I turn my computer off every few days to keep it running well and do the same for my phone.

Razz

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.