Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

battery life

fonatic

Nov 9, 2010, 2:37 AM
I have had a MyTouch 4g for 3 days now. My battery seems to drain after about 6 hours of normal use (apps, web, phone calls, SMS, etc). Is this normal for MyTouch 4g? for all Android phones? for all smartphones? Just keep plugging in to my computer, car charger, etc? My previous phones (BB Bold 9000, Treo 650) lasted 1-2 days on a charge. Is the iPhone any better?
happyjoy

Nov 18, 2010, 12:04 AM
Hi fonatic! I think the 6 hours of battery life you have for your MyTouch matches your wide phone use. I've got an iphone, and the longest it stays up is around 2 days but that is if I don't use it often. But if I use it for texting and gaming, the battery often drains out in a short time. Blackberry phones often last you very long when it comes to the battery. My BB can last me up to a week because I seldom use it.
Fredd

Nov 18, 2010, 1:11 PM
Running apps in the background can use up the charge, as can Bluetooth, WiFi, etc.
olderthandirt

Jan 1, 2011, 2:41 PM
Due to apps in the background battery life is shorter on many phones now. The EVO and the I1 from sprint both suffer shortened battery life. But this should be expected wit smart phones. Trying to be a phone and a laptop all in one is going to need more energy. Same old thing. Want more battery life us less apps.

Even turning of apps is not going to get to the old days of charging the phone every few days. You demanded more from the phone and so expect the batteries to need charging more.

Cell phones are what they are. Not a land line, not a networked computer. Live with the fact that Cell phones have limits no matter what you want them to be.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.