Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 6 replies

question

Your Curse

Sep 27, 2010, 10:54 AM
can someone tell me the difference between the samsung captivate and samsung i9000?
ecycled

Sep 29, 2010, 9:17 AM
phonescoop didn't have a i9000 out yet, it has fcc approval though. You should probably post this on a samsung forum, perhaps the company. Unless I'm mistaken the (i) usually is for windows phones and the captivate is android.
Your Curse

Sep 29, 2010, 11:56 AM
i9000 is android.. well im tryin to get that phone but i want to know the specs and user ratings too anyway thanks!!! 😁
Rich Brome

Oct 13, 2010, 3:48 PM
Almost none. The i9000 is better known as the Galaxy S for the "rest of world" (not the US.) Here in the US, there is a unique Galaxy S for each carrier, each with a name. The Captivate is AT&T's Galaxy S.

The T-Mobile Vibrant is the US model that looks most like the Euro Galaxy S (the i9000.) However that's just looks.

In terms of specs and features, the Captivate, Vibrant, and Galaxy S (i9000) are identical. Each simply supports the appropriate 3G bands for that network.
phyxlor

Oct 13, 2010, 6:15 PM
check it out on Wikipedia. it looks like we (in the US) got gipped. Ive read that it boast a front facing camera, 2 processors (the standard 1ghz, plus another one just to run the display) and the Brazilian released one has a digital tv tuner too!! I believe there were other additional features i dont remember. 😡
Rich Brome

Oct 13, 2010, 6:47 PM
US GSM/WCDMA networks have never supported 3G video calling. Europe deployed 3G first - a long time ago - and video calling along with it. It was a flop. So the US networks have never supported it. Therefore all US versions of WCDMA phones omit the front-facing camera, because you can't do anything with it. There's nothing special about the Galaxy S not having a front camera in its US version. It's about the 150th example of that happening.

Only extremely recently - since Apple debuted FaceTime - has there been any interest in that feature in the US.

But anyway, you can't blame Samsung - or really the US carriers - for leaving out the front-facing camera. Data from Europe showed people almost never used that feature when they had it.
(continues)
Arjuun

Oct 16, 2010, 10:00 AM
also added to the moble tv note a lot of time depending on what internatinal place your in a lot ofhe tv signals for the phones are still in analog while all tv and phones in the us are in digital

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.